Your art degree from Siena Heights University will prepare you for what's next.
In your junior year, you will take a Portfolio course in which you will:
- articulate your personal and professional direction,
- develop a plan and professional portfolio of materials, including a resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and a website,
- practice skills needed for networking, personal branding, work, internships, exhibitions, artists' residencies, film festivals, and/or graduate school applications, and
- understand the implications of copyright law.
Then, in the winter semester of your senior year, you will display your work in a solo exhibition. To prepare for this exhibit, you will take the Senior Exhibition course in the fall of your senior year. In this course, you will learn the skills needed to present a professional exhibition, including:
- writing and reading an exhibition statement,
- designing an exhibition floor plan,
- practicing installation skills and lighting techniques,
- creating promotional materials, and
- designing an exhibition announcement.
These capstone experiences help prepare our students for a variety of careers and advanced degrees. For more information about our alumni and future opportunities in the arts, please visit our Alumni page.